Are you struggling to find a profitable niche product you could sell online? This article will reveal how to find niches you could hardly think of.
Let’s start with a broad niche and then narrow it down. One good example of such a market is women’s handbags.
In the general market, women’s handbags come in different sizes, shapes, and colours. They are also made using different materials.
Some people prefer small bags to big ones while others will prefer one material to the next.
Some will also prefer a bag based on colour and design. Specializing in one type of handbags would mean identifying a niche market that will take care of that group of customers within the general market.
Finding a niche can sometimes be challenging especially in today’s world. Competition exists in just about any opportunity you could think of.
A niche market can arise due to any of the following factors;
a) High or moderate prices and the availability of discounts.
b) The demographic composition of a certain target area whether based on gender, age education level and income levels. Take the men’s-shoes-niche for instance.
You could choose a niche targeting men of a certain income level. In the men’s-pants-niche, you could find a niche specializing in a specific brand or material.
c) Quality of the products offered in the target location whether high, moderate or cheap.
d) The attitude, interests, and psychology of certain target markets.
e) The buyers’ precise location can also create a niche market.
How to Find a Niche
Finding your niche may seem like a direct and simple choice to make, but it’s always tricky when you get to the specifics.
However, people always make one common mistake during this crucial moment.
They put too much pressure on themselves and, as a result, end up paralyzing the entire process. Don’t join the statistics.
Here are some crucial advice that should help you find a niche.
1. Follow Your Interests and Passions
Writing about or selling products you’re interested in and passionate about means you will devote all your attention and energy in achieving your objectives.
If you’re trying your hand at online marketing for the first time, it is imperative to center your business around content, ideas or items that you are interested in. It will decrease the odds of you quitting in case of a downward spiral.
Finding a niche that you’re passionate about will make you want to stick around even in times of trouble.
If you’re having trouble identifying what interests you most, start by making a list of at least ten contemporary passion and interest areas before narrowing it down to one specific area.
Ask yourself the following questions, and try answering each one of them honestly.
a, Are you a member of any club or organization? If yes, which ones?
b) What topics interest you most and what magazines or books do you like reading?
c) How and where do you spend your free time? What do you do for leisure that you find fulfilling?
Once you are able to appropriately answer each of these questions, the answers should help you find your niche more easily.
2. Locate the Problems you can Comfortably Solve
There’s always stiff competition in almost every niche you chose. You must do something that stands out to get your foot through the door. For instance, you could focus on solving a common problem.
You need to pinpoint the exact problems that your target audience is going through. Narrowing it down will help you determine whether you will be able to solve them and to what extent you will be able to do it.
There are various methods you could use to identify problems within a particular niche. They include;
- Participate in forums related to your niche and carefully read through the general comments. Identify the questions people are raising and the specific problems they need to be taken care of.
- Conduct extensive keyword research to help you discover the search terms and phrases that relate to the pain points you discovered earlier.
- Study Your Competition
Don’t bite yourself up if your chosen niche proves to be very competitive. Sometimes the presence of competition is proof of a business’s potential profitability; take it positively. However, you must fight for your slice of the cake.
First, you need to know your competition well. Visit online businesses in your chosen niche to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
Doing that will also help you identify any gaps that you could exploit. Identify what you could do differently to help you stand out.
A company like Wealthy Affiliate (www.wealthyaffiliate.com) can help you in finding a profitable niche. They helped me and they can also help you.
They have a keyword tool which you can use.
The keyword tool gives you
- the number of websites dealing with similar products to yours
- the phrases customers are using in Search engines to search for your niche product
- the %age likelihood that your niche product will be ranked within the 1st page of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Wealthy Affiliate also has a training on how to run any online business. The training is step by step.
You can even start training without paying any penny. You will be given one free websites and one free domains.
CLICK Here to sign as a free member. You can remain a free member for as long as you want.
But if you find Wealthy Affiliate to be good for you, you can upgrade to premium member where you get everything you need to build a thriving business which includes
- 10 websites
- Secure web hosting for your 50 websites
- All the educational trainings
- 24-hour support including live chat so that your queries are answered almost immediately
Premium Members pay ONLY $19 for the first month giving them UNLIMITED Training and Support in their business.
** People are building 6 figure businesses through wealthy Affiliate.
Do you want your niche product to stand out from other competitors? The following tips could be of help.
1. Are your competitors able to provide high-quality content for the audience? If not, there is a chance for you to penetrate that niche. The audience will always flock around helpful and educative content.
2. Many online marketers do not exercise transparency. You can use this to your advantage by creating authentic and transparent content for your online business.
3. Keyword research will differentiate a successful online business from a less successful one. You can easily upset the market if you have a keyword with a high search volume.
If you are already a member of Wealthy Affiliate, free starter or premium, you will be able to access their Research tool.
A free starter member can perform 30 searches. Premium members have unlimited number of searches.
CLICK HERE to sign up as a free member if you have not yet registered
Why Using Affiliate Marketing Modal is Good For Your Niche Business
1. It is a reliable means of generating income.
2. It allows you to be your own boss. It means that you get to decide when to work and for how long. You also have the freedom to choose which project you would want to work on. You are responsible for making all major decisions regarding your business, which gives you complete control over your destiny.
3. The cost of starting up as an affiliate marketer is quite low. you only need to buy a domain name and pay for website hosting. The best platform on which to build your website is WordPress.
It includes many plugins at absolutely no cost. These will enable you to enhance the features and the functionality of your website.
To get through the tough competition, you need to choose a good program, the right network and strong support like the one you get from Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate will teach you the strategies to use to out compete your competitors. You can use the strategies on any niche and in any field. You can still be affiliated to other companies and still get the training from them.
This is why l am an Affiliated to them. You are taught how to build a business the Right way, right from the beginning. They have a great support team to support you 24/7.
The company is solid and that is why they allow people to get started without paying anything.
To start learning for Free, all what you have to do is click on this link: www.wealthyaffiliate.com and that will give you access to Bootcamp online training and Online Certification training.
4. The flexible nature of affiliate marketing makes it a good choice of entrepreneurship. Affiliate marketing allows you room to balance your work and other life interests.
If you want to spend time with your kids, for example, you can manage your work schedule to allow you more time with your family. You can even take a day or two off if you want to.
5. The digital nature of affiliate marketing mode of business allows you the freedom to work from anywhere providing you can access a reliable internet connection.
Affiliate marketers do not have to worry about tight schedules and tight deadlines. As an affiliate marketer, you can just wake up and decide to go on vacation.
Travelling will not stop you from working as long as you have your laptop and internet connectivity.
6. There is an opportunity to learn new skills. Affiliate marketing requires great digital skills. You get to learn more on content marketing, SEO, conversion optimization and email marketing.
Such skills will go a long way in helping you turn any niche product into a steady flow of income. But just like any other trade, affiliate marketing requires great dedication.
The more time and effort you are willing to put in your online business, the more you will gain.
7. In Affiliate marketing, you don’t require any physical stock to start up. You need not concern yourself with such matters as orders, deals, and packaging.
8. It only requires you to prompt or convince a buyer to make a purchase. The merchant will handle the rest. Once the transaction is complete, then you get your commission. It is as easy as that.
How To Find A Suitable Affiliate Program for Your Niche
Finding an affiliate program that will suit your niche is an important step towards succeeding in online marketing.
Here is how you can go about finding an affiliate program that will work for you.
a) Sell what you love – selling a service or a product that you love could boost your sales since you will be passionate about trying the product and making sure it works.
If you encounter a product that you know nothing about, gather as much information as you can. Familiarize yourself with it by using it or reading about it. It will help you boost your confidence.
b) Find a program that fits within your niche – in order to succeed, you will have to sell products related to the content you’re creating.
c) If you’re already enjoying some level of success with a certain affiliate program, find similar or related products and introduce them to your audience.
Chances are they will also be interested in other products within the same category.
d) Make sure you promote affiliate programs that your target audience desires. To do this, you must know your audience needs.
Identify the gaps in the market and the affiliate program that bridges these gaps. Study your competition? What is popular in their sites?
e) Your product must be of good quality. Good and quality products are a recipe for long-term affiliate success.
They will earn you a reputation among your customers thus helping you boost your sales even in the future.
How To Be an Affiliate Marketer
To become an Affiliate Marketer, there are essential points you should consider and specific things you have to do.
As we have already established, the first step in your affiliate marketing journey is identifying your niche. You can’t start a website without knowing what it will be about or who your target audience is.
There are different factors that can influence your choice. They include your interest and passions and your niches’ profitability.
1. Do extensive research on affiliate programs. This is what is going to help you choose the best program to join. Remember to factor in commissions before making your final decision.
2. Build your site. Put all your research into action by building a good trustworthy site. Equip yourself with all the information necessary to help you get your site up and running.
3. Creating a successful online business will greatly depend on the quality of your content.
Apart from being unique, your content also needs to be updated regularly to stay ahead of the competition. As they say, content is king. Your content has to be evergreen.
4. Building an audience will be the next step. You need a big enough audience to create a viable online business.
The size of your audience will determine how much product promotion you will be able to do and how much commission you will, consequently earn.
5. Lastly, you need to promote your affiliate offers. You can do this by putting up banner ads on highly trafficked pages. This will drive up your sales and earn you more commission.
Finding a profitable niche product is not an easy task. Although there is a considerable number of undiscovered market niches, there is usually little or no target audience, and sometimes the niches are not profitable.
Choosing the right niche is, therefore, very important for anyone looking to venture into affiliate marketing that’s why l honesty recommend you to get the Step by Step training offered by Wealthy Affiliate.
With Wealthy Affiliate you get access to:
✅ The Best online Training on any Niche with Fresh Videos, Tutorials, and Courses. This training has helped power many successful entrepreneurs globally.
✅ How to Build a Brand
✅ Learn how to build a profitable business from Scratch
✅ Website tools including SSL Certificates
✅ Content creation tools
✅Keyword Research Tools.
- Curious what phrases your competitors are using? This tool will give you the numbers.
- It will help you to find valuable keywords in terms of Search volume, competition and the likelihood of being highly ranked by Search Engines like Google.
- Running out of ideas for your content, this tool will give you a helping hand?
✅ Learn from the Best Entrepreneurs in the World
Operating on a Tight Budget? No problem. You can actually start for Free; Start learning, using the tools as well as implementing what you learn for Free.
✅Learn, Network, Build, Succeed