Are you considering to join Multi Level Marketing Opportunity? Learn about Multi level Marketing on this article (also called MLM) so that you can decide.
MLM is about recruiting and selling other companies’ products where the company pays you per every person you have recruited as well as what you have sold.
You also get paid a commission based on the performance of the people you have recruited (also called downline) and the ones they have recruited.
This is how Investopedia defines it:
“Multilevel marketing (MLM) is a strategy some direct sales companies use to encourage existing distributors to recruit new distributors who are paid a percentage of their recruits’ sales.
The recruits are the distributor’s “downline.” Distributors also make money through direct sales of products to customers”.
The problem with this type of Business is that the amount of money you earn is dependent on your downline.
Is MLM A Scam
The MLM company that can be classified as a scam is the one that is working as a pyramid scheme.
MLMs that are a scam:
- Have no product
- and the ones with a product puts more emphasis on recruitment rather than promoting the product.
Not all MLMs are a scam. There are some that are legitimate. You just have to research enough before you join.
According to Wikipedia:
“A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.
As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit; as such, pyramid schemes are unsustainable and often illegal.
Pyramid schemes have existed for at least a century in different guises. Some multi-level marketing plans have been classified as pyramid schemes”.
Is MLM for The Employed or Non-Employed and can you make money from MLM?
There are very many MLM companies in the World and because most people are always looking of a way of making extra money, MLM appears to be almost the only business that offers the flexibility that most people are looking for.
The problem is, because so many people are eager to make money by whatever means they find, they forget to read the small prints.
If you read all the small prints about the MLM you want to join, you might find that you might be required to continue recruiting or purchasing a minimum amount of products every month for you to qualify for some of the commission pay out from your downline.
No wonder there are so many people doing MLM but still are unable to make the big money they believed they would make.
Multi Level Marketing is for those who just want to make a small amount of money. For you to make a lot of money, you have to recruit a lot of people who have also to be active.
Although there are some people who make a lot of money (only about 1%), the dropout rate of the distributors is very high (about 50% within one year rising to about 90% within 5 years). This means that you have to continuously be recruiting.
If you are the type of person who is good at recruiting and you have no problem with many of your downline dropping out, then you might make a lot of money.
If you are not that type of person, then I would advise you to look at Affiliate Marketing where your success is dependent on your own effort without relying on anybody else.
Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Multi-Level Marketing.
- Low cost on your out goings
- No spending on the product
- No joining fee unless there is a proper training involved
- No sending the products to customers
- No face to face with customers and no home parties where you try to introduce your friends to the products and the MLM Opportunity
Affiliate Marketing is truly a Home Business. You do not need to leave your home to do it.
However, you need a mobile phone or a laptop, internet access and knowledge of how to do it.
If you have a mobile phone or a lap top and access to the Internet, then you are almost there.
I have a training for you on:
- Everything you need to know about Affiliate Marketing
- How to find the FREE Affiliate products you want to promote that are Not MLM.
Affiliate Marketing gives you the ability to promote any product. Most products you can think of have Affiliate Programs associated with them;
Examples of products you could promote without buying them includes:
- Health and Fitness equipments (Exercise equipments and their accessories)
- Camping equipments
- Mobile phones and their accessories
- Beauty products
- Kitchen equipments and accessories; you could promote anything you use in your kitchen; blenders, microwave, fridges
- Lounge Equipments: TVs, any entertainment product plus their accessories
- Gardening equipments
You could also promote services like flights, accommodation, online courses etc
As you can see, there is no shortage as to what product or service you can promote without spending on any of them.
To make it even better, we will show you how to do everything in Step by Step Format.
The training is offered by a company that I am very grateful to be part of. The company is a Global leader in Affiliate Marketing and it’s called Wealthy Affiliate www.wealthyaffiliate.com
Before I found this Company, I was doing MLM meaning that I have knowledge both the Affiliate Marketing and MLM.
I am not in any way saying that you shouldn’t do MLM but I am saying that according to me, Affiliate Marketing is much better than MLM and you can make a lot of money without relying on somebody else to make money so that you can also make money as it happens in MLM.
On top of the training, we are also going to help you start and run your Affiliate Marketing business.
- Support is available 24/7
- You will become part of Global Entrepreneurs currently distributed in 195 countries.
- You will have Access to over 1800 coaches who will make sure that you are not stuck at any stage of your business.
CLICK HERE to get started on the training and help in starting and running your business.
Getting started is Free.
Wealthy Affiliate is very transparent. They want you to get inside of their platform for you to find out whether it is truly what you are looking for.
As a free member, you have access to 10 free lessons and a free website to build your real business.
If you decide for yourself that you are being guided the right way where you can achieve your money goals, then you will be able to upgrade to a premium member by paying a supper affordable discounted amount of $19 for your 1st month.
I believe that achieving your Money goals leads to Financial Freedom and freedom to choose what you would want to do with your time and money.
Do not over think it; Its free to get started so that you can find for yourself whether it’s Right for you or not.
See you inside of Wealthy Affiliate.
What to expect immediately you sign in.
- You will get a welcome message from one of the Co founders of Wealthy Affiliate Marketing and he will give you a link so that you can start learning and building your business immediately
- I will also Welcome you and give you the same link as the one given by the Co founder.
- You will be asked of your money goals so that you can get help towards achieving them.
- Other Wealthy Affiliate Members will also welcome you
Piece of Advice.
- Please feel at home and interact with other members so that you can also learn from them. Everything is online and it’s in the form of Step by Step Video Training, webinars and already written text. You can learn at your own pace and at a time that is suitable to you.
- Do not allow yourself to get stuck at anything; ask as many questions as possible however small they are
I hope you will enjoy the Wealthy Affiliate Platform; The Training, help in Building your Real Business and the Wealthy Affiliate community who are also very helpful.